So I just wanted to post about a few things to come on this blog and my projects. I’m confident this is a better place to tell you about these things than changes coming out without notice on my website. So here it is, a series of bulleted list of things to come, a glimpse on a possible future:
- I might post more often than I previously did. In particular on different subjects than what I usually posted.
- I might post more often about FreeBSD (duh…)
- Some changes in the licensing of my projects (more details in a following post).
- GCalc becomes RPNC (more details in a following post).
- If I have time (which I have not) some projects might undergo a major rewrite.
- Some older projects got nearer to the top of my TODO list.
GMail has a new compose and he sees fit to remind me constantly whenever I write a new message. But I’d like to have my say on this since we’ll be forced to use this thing in several month anyway. So let’s get things straight, I really hate this, it is just stupid and I guarantee that if Google eventually puts this in place and forces us to use it, I’ll just quit ! That web interface was everything but there it just feels like a hyped gadget.
At least -please- put an option to get back to the original compose permanently so we can write real mails that we focus on. I mean I know most of them are just quick informal replies, just like we would use mobile messaging and I know for sure that services need to evolve from time to time but they just make everything easier and it just gets more useless and annoying at every step.